VICTORIAN LABOR INDEPENDENTS
To encourage and assist broad participation and independence of judgement of all members in the ALP.
- On-going commitment to the ALP’s Social and Democratic values.
PARTICIPATIVE DEMOCRACY WITHIN THE PARTY.
- Commitment to open and transparent processes within the Party.
- Valuing the views of individual members and promoting avenues for expression.
- Providing, promoting and supporting opportunity for open discussion and involvement in party decision-making.
- Supporting and promoting the sharing of and access to information within the Party.
- Supporting genuine freedom of expression in all Party forums and commitment to judge issues on their merits.
MERIT SELECTION OF CANDIDATES
- Equal opportunity for all members to stand for office.
- Commitment to achieving gender balance.
- Elections to all Party positions should be based on the quality of the candidate. Quality includes, but is not limited to, the skills and talents required to perform at the appropriate level, integrity, life experience, demonstrated commitment to our core values, principles and Party policy.